Saturday, February 12, 2011

Training for 19th Feb

Dear Scouts

This upcoming sat, we shall split into 4 groups doing 4 different things concurrently:

1. Sec 1s: we will be doing the Scout Promise and Law and Salute test. We will move ahead with Uniform, Ceremonies and Knowledge of Movement. You can visit the Scout webpage @ www.scout.sg for more info. I will be taking you on these. Do bring along writing materials.

2. Sec 2s: You girls will be doing backwoodsman cooking. In your patrol (I think we have 3 girls in each patrol), come up with a simple menu for you girls to eat. This will be your Advanced Scout Standard test on Cooking (2). Cooking without utensils = backwoodsman cooking (recall Dec Camp). You have 2 hours to complete it. Those who have not clear Scout Standard, this Sat will be the chance to do so. Please approach your PLs for help.

3. Sec 3s: You will be doing your First Class Pioneering project. I want to see a model done using bamboo sticks/ cane sticks. Projects can be either of the 3: tower, bridge or aerial runway. You have 4 hours to complete it.

4. Sec 4s: You will assist me in assessing the Sec 2s and Sec 3s. Once I'm done with the Sec 1s, I will check on them.

Your intense training has commenced. By June, hopefully, the seniors move up to the next level of Standards. I will also announce who are new the APLs.

YIS

SL Jiang Li

No comments: